Recipe By Sangok Lee For Neoflam
Korean Chicken Stew with Neoflam Stockpot
The first rule of the kitchen is: Mama is always right. She knows how to warm your belly and your spirit with the perfect dish. In colloquial terms we call this “comfort” food. The type of cooking that reminds you of home and leaves you longing for the days when mom could fix all your problems with the right meal — a cookie for a broken heart, your favorite soup for the sniffles, and chicken stew for everything else.
Try our version of Korean Chicken Stew as a wonderful alternative to an American staple. The combination of spices will excite your tastebuds, and hopefully inspire you to explore more Asian cuisines. It is simple, tasty, and perfect for the whole family.
Cook time: 1 hr.
- Whole Chicken (2 lbs.)
- 1 Cup of Refined Rice Wine
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 3 Slices Ginger
- 2 Large Potatoes
- ½ Carrots
- ½ White Onions
- Chopped Green Onions
- 1 Jalapeño
- 5 Tablespoons of Red Pepper Paste
- 5 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon of Minced Ginger
- 1 Tablespoon of Pepper Powder
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- Cut 2 lbs. of whole chicken into pieces. Wash and drain with water. Cure with 1 Cup of Refined Rice Wine
- Make seasoning paste
- Put the chicken into Eela Neoflam stockpot and fill the pot until the chicken is nearly submerged with garlic and ginger
- Boil until chicken is 80% cooked, then take the chicken out from the stock
- Cut potatoes and carrots into bite sized chunks
- Marinade the pre-boiled chicken, potatoes and carrot pieces with seasoning paste
- Place the marinated chicken, potatoes and carrots in a braising pot and pour stock over top
- Chop green onions, onions and jalapeno and place them on top
- Boil it on high heat till the potatoes and carrots are cooked
Note: Dish is a bit spicy! Use Red Pepper Paste to Taste.
[P.S. Share your pictures and variations!]