Recipe by Sangok Lee For Neoflam
Braised Tofu with Neoflam’s Ceramic Coated Frying Pan
Here is a light dish to delight your lighthearted tastebuds! Tofu is a staple in Asian cuisine, and works perfectly as a side dish or main course.
Serves: 2 to 3
Cook Time: 20 min.
- 1 Block of Tofu (firm)
- Pinch Salt and Pepper
- ½ Cup Potato Starch
- 6 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame & Salt
- ½ Cup of Chopped Garlic
- Cut the tofu in half and slice into 8 pieces
- Season with salt and pepper
- Coat tofu slices with potato starch
- Pour 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil onto lightly heated pan
- Add Tofu
- Pour the seasoning sauce over Tofu
- Add 5 tablespoons of water evenly and braise
- Serve as a side dish with rice
Tofu can break while cooking, so it’s better to slice it a little bit thicker. Apply the starch and braising liquid to each individual tofu square one at a time instead of trying to do the whole batch at once. This will create a more even coating.
[P.S. Share your pictures and variations!]