Low Country Boil with the Pareto Stone Stockpot
The boil is a staple of American cuisine. It is found in one form or another from the Louisiana bayou to Charleston and beyond. Today we bring you a Low Country version combining shrimp, sausage, potatoes, corn, and mild spices suitable for all taste buds. It is a hearty and healthy meal capable of feeding the whole family without too much effort or fuss.
This recipe and more can be found with Robin Shea’s Pareto Stone collection. Each stockpot comes with a recipe card to help you start living Robin’s “80/20 Lifestyle”. Her teachings inspire people to pursue good health without sacrificing indulgent, pleasureful food. It is important to enjoy life while maintaining balance.
You can learn more about Robin on her website www.robinshea.com
Cook Time: 48 min
- ¾ lb. Mini Red Potatoes, Rinsed
- 6 Small Ears of Corn
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Small White Onion, Halved
- ½ lb. Turkey Sausage, Cut Into ¾” Discs
- 1 Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- 12 Ounces of Light Beer
- 1 lb. Shrimp, Peeled and Cleaned
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Water as Needed
- 1 Lemon, Quartered For Garnish
- Add potatoes, corn, garlic, onion halves, sausage, cayenne, cajun seasoning, salt, pepper, and beer to a Pareto Stone 3.5 Quart Stockpot. Fill the stockpot with water until there is a 1-inch gap from the top. Bring to boil on stovetop for 30 minutes.
- After thirty minutes, bring stockpot down to a simmer. Add shrimp. Cook an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Once shrimp is cooked, strain ingredients and return them to the stockpot. Add additional seasoning to taste. Garnish with lemon before serving for additional pop of flavor.
[P.S. Share your pictures and variations!]